A cultural and exploratory journey to capture the scenes and immerse in one of the most picturesque regions in India, this guided photography tour will evoke exuberance to those who are jaded.
Rajasthan is a region incredibly rich in history, culture, tradition, and arts developed for centuries, being home to one the earliest civilizations. With myriad of spectacular landscapes to feast one’s eye on, Rajasthan definitely stands out as a photographer’s paradise.
We will embark on this expedition in such a way that will bring you a unique, memorable experience. We will travel by trains and buses along with locals where we can meet gypsies, musicians, poets. We will interact, get to know and understand “Untouchables” and “Bopas”, desert people, camel herders and more. We will sleep in the Thar desert, witnessing breathtaking sunsets, skylines, and sunrises.
Bookings for July 2016 are closed. This expedition will take place in November 2016.
In July, please consider Ladakh Photography Expeditions. This expedition will take you to deep, authentic Ladakh regions to witness ancestral rituals, and bath in blue skies, breath thin air.
Themes of the expedition
Each day in our itinerary is focused on how to best approach and photograph: architecture, landscapes, portraits, street photography, trains, camels, horses while working on approach, storytelling, composition, editing, correction. For those interested in Aerial photography, we can setup 1:1 sessions to bring you up to speed or further develop your skills.
- Nov 1: Delhi. Day focus: regrouping, getting to know each-other, last minute logistics
- Nov 2: Delhi-Bikaner. Night train to Bikaner, 1st class
- Nov 3: Bikaner. Street photography, markets, red fort, sunset.
- Nov 4: Jaisalmer. Day focus: the fort, Jain temples
- Nov 5: That desert. Travel to Thar desert, overnight in sand dunes, gypsy dances.
- Nov 6: Jaisalmer to Jodhpur. Travel day with stops along the way.
- Nov 7: Jodhpur then Pushkar. Camel and horse fair, meet the traders
- Nov 8: Pushkar. Camel fair: finding the story, letting the story find you
- Nov 9: Jaipur. Day focus: furthering the story and composition
- Nov 10: Taj Mahal (Agra). Day focus: monument photography with compositions to make unique pictures
- Nov 11: Agra to Delhi. Day focus: street photography
- Nov 12: Delhi, debrief, book discussion, farewell.
If you’d like to know more, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply shortly. We maintain a waiting list and will keep you posted on the registration process.
- Theme: People, culture, architecture and landscapes of Rajasthan
- Duration: 12 days (10 effective days, first and last day for traveling)
- Language: English, French, Chinese, Hindi, Farsi
- Location: West Rajasthan
- Participants: From 2 to 6 photographers
- Leaders: Laurent Dambies, Patrick
- Price: from $2,400
Patrick Fixer with experience immersing in diverse cultures for humanitarian projects and reportage. Patrick is a humanitarian and an explorer at hearth. His humanitarian photography site shares some of his work, and his drone video work is at http://www.skyfilms.asia.